Anyone with a child in school knows the struggle of packing healthy snacks for their kids. Today, I’m sharing a peanut-free list of safe (pre-packaged) snacks to add to your child’s lunch.
Packing Safe Lunches Can Be Difficult When Food Allergies Are Involved
As a mother of a child with life-threatening food allergies, it warms my heart to have a mom go the extra mile and call me to ask what snacks would be safe to share. I created this peanut-free list to have on hand and to help other parents looking for safe, peanut-free snack options to include in school lunches.
10 Peanut-Free Packaged Snacks for School Lunches
This list and the information included are up-to-date at the time this was posted, but always remember to check the label! Companies change ingredients and manufacturing processes all the time. ALWAYS check the ingredient label and allergen statement.
1: Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars and Brownie Bars
- All Nature’s Bakery products are nut free and made in a nut free facility.
- The only top 8 allergen present in the facility is wheat, but they do offer some Certified Gluten Free Bars.
- Nature’s Bakery
2: Pretzilla Pretzel Bites
- Pretzilla facilities are free from peanuts and tree nuts.
- Pretzilla products do not contain tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, sesame, or coconut.
3: Pirate’s Booty
- Pirate’s Booty snacks do not contain peanuts or tree nuts and are made in facilities that do not process peanuts or tree nuts.
- Pirate’s Booty
4: MadeGood Granola Bars and Minis
- MadeGood snacks are made in a dedicated nut free facility.
5: Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies
6: Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges and Dippers
- Peanut free facility
- Laughing Cow
7: SkinnyPop Popcorn
- SkinnyPop products are free of peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, eggs.
8: Tillamook Cheese Snack Portions
- Tillamook Cheese does not contain any major allergens beside milk, and the cheesemaking equipment never processes any major allergens other than milk.
9: Utz Cheese Balls
- Made in a peanut and tree nut free facility.
10: Biscoff Lotus Cookies
- Does not contain peanuts and peanuts are not present at the facility where they are manufactured.
This, of course, is not an extensive list but does contain the more yummy peanut-free snacks which are also easy to find in most grocery stores.
Are there other allergies you’d like for me to include on the next allergy-friendly list? Leave me a comment.